Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner Telluride Gives requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Telluride Gives and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- Only tax-exempt organizations serving San Miguel, Ouray, West Montrose counties and the east end of Dolores County (Rico) are eligible to participate in Telluride Gives (either 501(c)(3) nonprofits, government or taxing entities, or organizations using a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent). Organizations must complete their online profiles by 5:00 pm on December 7, 2018. Please find guidelines here.
- Donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves.
- Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice. Each gift of $5 or more to a different organization will be counted on the Telluride Gives site. $5 is the minimum gift accepted. There is no maximum gift amount or maximum gift per charity.
- Each gift is 100% tax-deductible and irrevocable. All donations will be granted for unrestricted use by the chosen charities.
- Only credit card donations received during the 24 hour donation period (December 12th midnight through 11:59 pm) will be eligible for this event. No donations via check, cash, securities or recommendations from donor advised funds will be accepted.
- The 3% GiveGab platform fee and 2.2% + $0.30 credit card processing fees will be subtracted from the total amount raised by each organization. Donors always have the option to cover fees on behalf of the organization. In this case, the nonprofit would receive 100% of the intended donation amount. The Telluride Foundation, which administers telluridegives.org, supports this giving event as a community service at no additional charge.
- Each nonprofit will receive the total amount raised for their organization, minus credit card processing and platform fees, and any prizes awarded by year end.